The Leipziger Tor (aka Potsdamer Tor) was a city gate located in Berlin, Germany, between Potsdamer and Leipziger Platz. The first gate was built in 1734 as part of the old defensive wall (Festung Berlin). 90 years later, the "Alte Tor" was rebuilt, following the plans of Karl Friedrich Schinkel, in a neoclassical architectural style.
When the defensive wall was demolished, the Potsdamer Tor was allowed to remain. After the bombing of Berlin by Allied forces, the southern structure was almost destroyed, the northern one remaining intact. However, that part was demolished by GDR autorities, the only visible remains being the foundations. Two entrances to Potsdamer Platz U-Bahn station are located exactly in the position of the old gate.